Thursday, November 13, 2014

It's Ladybug Time...................................






My latest project has been a quilt for one of my granddaughters for Christmas.  This pattern was so much fun to make.  All blocks were made from my stash that I had already.  Since the pattern had lady bugs and a flower I decided to go with a summer theme. In the center of each block represents something about summer.  There are flip flops, butterflies, bugs, birdhouses and worms.  I thought she'd get a kick out of all the insects.














I just love this flower and I'm sure I'll incorporate it into other quilts some day.

Lady bugs have small beads for eyes and there antennas are embroidered with black thread.  I will add eyes and antennas when I get it back from the quilter.

I framed my quilt with a small black border and another larger border of red.  My big border I used just left over pieces from the quilt to make it look scrappy.  I hope she likes it.

Off to the quilter now.

keep on stitchin,
Connie

3 comments:

  1. Your granddaughter will love this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She did. I told her now she had to sleep in her own bed. She tried several nights and it worked but eventually she was back in mom and dads bed. Now sure how its going anymore. Had to try something! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The story and blog you have published is very interesting as well as informatics, Thanks for sharing such type of informatics thing.
    Bosch Washing Machines
    Bosch Fridges
    Bosch Freezers

    ReplyDelete